I had the opportunity to attend my second web conference since enrolling in the class. I logged on 15 minutes before the start of the conference and it was great. Only about 30 people and I asked one of my questions early and was able to track the many responses others provided. The other participants were very helpful! Then 5 p.m. came......
Ninety-seven people logged on (It was capped at a 100 but 3 people eventually left) and I could bearly keep up! People asked GREAT questions, some of which the answers were needed for the assingment due later that day. However, because of the incredible number of people attending the conference and the Acrobat meeting technology, you could never scroll back to read the wonderful answers to the questions because the screen would always jump to the latest person that was asking a question or making a comment. The screen was constantly jumping! Unfortunately, I missed the answers to many questions and was not able to see those answers until after the assignment was due. In fact, I ended up emailing my IA who quickly answered my question so that I could make the necessary modifications before the assignment deadline.
I think the web conference is a wonderful venue to communicate with peers but it would be more effective and beneficial to have a smaller number of participants.
The link to the recording of the web conference is http://lamar.na4.acrobat.com/p77278744/
No comments:
Post a Comment