Friday, July 23, 2010
Decisions, decisions!
This week has been spent deciding on THE final topic for my action research. There were so many topics to choose from-rigor and relevance to the TRUE impact of afterschool. After talking with my site supervisor, we both agreed that the most beneficial topic for both myself and the school would be to focus on the comparison of Accelerated Reader to silent sustained reading in the classroom. Although I never considered the topic, I am excited about the possibliities! I also had the oopportunity to listen to three educational leaders with amazing insight on action research, one from my district-Pasadena I.S.D. The overall message was looking at the data is EXTREMELY important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Olivia. I am having to work ahead on my assignments due to having to go out of town. I am working on week 4 and part 2 asks for peer revisions on my draft action research plan. Can you please look over the plan and make any recommendation and suggestions? Thank you in advance! Michelle Ortiz-Thibodeaux
ReplyDeleteOlivia, I think that your topic sound interesting. I never thought about that topic at all. We have a new principal for this upcoming school year, but I have yet to met with her because she has been in meetings. Our last principal was data driven and he did research to help improve student achievement during his tenor at our school.During faculty meeting he would show videos or data from the previous school year to help find innovative ways to educate our students.
ReplyDelete